Friday, November 23, 2007

Of Bloody Poached Leopards and iPhoto


RACHEL'S CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
p. 222 LDV
Prepared 11/19/07

This is the best vegan cookie dough I have ever ever tasted. I added extra vanilla because we had just that awkward amount in the container where you don't want to toss it because you are trying to be mindful about consumerism, waste, packaging blah blah blah...you know how it is. Also, the universe was sending me a major reminder to check your ingredients before you start cooking or baking as we were out of our propriety blend of w/wh wh flour. So the son and I made them with whole wheat flour. I think they would be better as cookies if one ensured one had less healthful flour involved. But the dough...oh...the dough...

So, careful picture viewers are probably noticing that some of my photos have been a little less optimal. You are right. All the pictures taken in the last few months have been taken either with my phone or my partner's iPhone, because he dropped our digital camera in a national park this summer on his drive across the country. But! The new update for iPhoto has given me some interesting tools to frame these slightly imperfect pictures (I am so so so not the woman who Photoshops her pictures prior to uploading them, as you have noticed) so if you are finding yourself in the future feeling really impressed with the dreaminess of say, another bowl of soup, you know it is the new tools!

Finally, mega super ultra careful picture viewers are going to be looking at the headline of the paper under the cooling rack upon which the cookies rest and say to themselves, "Something Beautiful? Whats that all about?" You can access the article here and then you may find yourself wondering, as I am, what exactly the landscaping will look like when the project is finished. I am finding it hard to visualize. And what the other landscape designs looked like in the contest that were rejected. I like the idea of this very much though.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Come baaaack! I need some new recipe pics before I'm willing to crack open my copy of LDV!