Monday, October 01, 2007

This Stuff is So Good, I Wish I Had Some Now


DANIYELL'S PEANUT BUTTER & CHOCOLATE BARS
Prepared 5/15/07
p. 204 LDV

My friends Dan and Julia invited us over for dinner, so we brought some dessert. To me, the combination of peanut butter and chocolate is always a worthwhile cause, so I didn't let what turned out to be an awfully crumbly crust dim my enthusiasm for this supersweet treat. I added a few tablespoons of soy milk to the chocolate topping to stretch it a little because it didn't make enough for my taste, and next time I will add even more chocolate chips. The bottom is delicious but completely fell apart-- I will try to fix that by adding more peanut butter the next time I make these. So, to conclude: These bars, they are crumbly and you might have to mess with the proportions but don't let these factors dissuade you from finding yet another way to get your peanut butter and chocolate fix.

No comments: