Thursday, October 04, 2007

Very Good-licious!

MAURY'S ROASTED ROOT SOUP
Prepared 05/06/07
p. 111 LDV

I like roasted root vegetables. I like soup. So this seemed like it was already a good match for my tastebuds. But! It exceeded my- and my dining partners'- expectations. One said, "light but hearty. All the veggies come together in a frenzy of taste" (yeah, that is a direct quote). Another stated, "I liked that it had roasted goodness about it. Nice flavor, good thickness, wish there were more chunky veggies in it." Another said, "NOOOOO!! MAMA! NOOOO!" but I don't think that was in reference to how he felt about the meal.

Dear reader, this was so flipping simple to make. Chop yer veggies, coat 'em with oil, stick 'em in to roast and go read your favorite magazine. Then, after a few articles (well, unless your favorite magazine is Harpers or something), remove said veggies from oven and blend with some milky substance in a food processor and u r rdy 2 rck!

I substituted cauliflower for parsnips since I had no parsnips, and basil for rosemary (same rationale). I served with short grain brown rice. I love this recipe.

No comments: