Monday, February 25, 2008

More Faux Salad Goodness


FAUX EGG SALAD
p. 68 HIAV
Prepared 2/22/08

Remember when I was telling you that I had bought more tofu with which to make Tofu Extravaganza? Well, instead I made this and it was very good. You have your same basic ingredients...tofu, veg mayo and pickles, but then you add a few different things to tweak it here or there. Since I hate and despise actual egg salad (and all things ovo), the LESS this resembled real egg salad, the better. So this to me didn't really replicate the real thing and thank goodness for that! It was deliciouso and I ate it all myself in a 24 hour span. This was a titch bland, I might add another couple of scallions and what? Maybe a splash of Braggs, more prepared mustard or something. But its really quite yum, even if I didn't make pitas for stuffing full of faux-salad.

No comments: