Saturday, May 22, 2010

Aloo Chana Soup? What Will They Think of Next!?!



CHRIS'S ALOO CHANA SOUP
p. 87 GOV
Prepared 4/15/2010


There are a lot of ingredients in the ingredient list, so you may be put off by this recipe at first. But fear not, like many good recipes, many of the ingredients are simply a lengthy list of spices and seasonings.

This soup was very hearty. I substituted kidney beans and black eyed peas for the garbanzos, and doubled the recipe for my super awesome meal share (if you can work one out, I highly recommend the experience). I also added some jarred galangal (you know, that rhizome with many culinary and medicinal uses) and extra carrots. I wish that I had had some fresh naan or other flavorful Indian bread to go with it, so you might want to take that into account when you serve it up!

No comments: