Sunday, November 05, 2006

Another Pancake Review


COCONUT PIE PANCAKES
p. 39 LDV
Prepared 11/5/06

These were not prepared by me, but they assuredly were eaten by me! They were quite tasty: sweet and moist and with a spicy kick that is unusual in pancakes but welcomed by the taste buds. They were prepared with a pear instead of a banana and with a cardamom "replacement"-- I don't know what went on with Google and cardamom replacement, but I do know these things were rich and good. Oh...and I requested a handful of chocolate chips to be thrown in, which I think helped add some sweet magic. In lieu of chocolate chips, I might next time drizzle a chocolate sauce over these babies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd have liked them to be coconuttier, but they were good, even after cooling for a while. I had a pancake peanut butter sandwich for lunch. The cardamom replacer was equal parts (iirc) cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and cloves(?) Also, I one-and-one-halfed the recipe and so it made about 4 good sized pancakes.