Friday, November 24, 2006

I Finally Exhaust The Oat Bread Recipes


Each book in this collection has an oat bread recipe, and this is the one from LDV. I am not sure why, but I didn't really care for this one as much as the first. In fact, we chucked part of the loaf, which is highly unusual in our household. The soup, though, was really good, and the leftovers went to work for lunch each day. I would make the soup even spicier next time!

KISSING COUSINS OAT BREAD
p. 266 LDV
Prepared 11/12/06

I don't not recommend it...I just liked the other two better, though this one is pretty similar to the one from GOV, just with almost double the amount of rolled oats.

SPICY CREAMY TOMATO SOUP
p. 55 HIAV
Prepared 11/12/06

Simple, fast, warm, delicious. I love soup. As mentioned, I will make this with a bit more spiciness next time. Well received by the males of the family.

No comments: