Sunday, November 05, 2006

Wicked Good Pumpkin Bread


MIKI'S PUMPKIN BREAD
p. 280 LDV
Prepared 11/5/06

I omitted the nuts but was told by a taster that that was an error. I did add the optional chocolate chips, which apparently was the right thing to do. As with all breads, this is especially good straight from the oven and with the chocolate chips sort of melty. The balance of spices is nice in this, and it was nice to not have to double the recipe to get two loaves (it is for two loaves). It feels like the perfect November bread. Try this, I think you will like it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was really nice and moist, but for some reason I haven't been able to eat as much of it as I would like. I wish I had some right now but I forgot to pack it for my lunch. Our cat likes baked goods (bad kitty! those are my cheesy poofs!) so we have to hide the bread in the toaster oven. It's easy to overlook there :(