Friday, January 04, 2008

A Dynamic Spice Capade Indeed


GINGER BREAD
p. 126 HIAV
Prepared 12/04/07

We made a double batch to send to a new baby friend's family and bring with us on a sojourn to San Francisco. This was made with a high level of assistance from the 3 year old set, if you savvy my lingo. So that it was edible at all was nice, the fact that it was fairly good was a bonus. It was pretty freakin' dense though. Nonetheless, I saw Alan stuffing it into his mouth on several occasions. The next time, I will maybe wait until my kitchen helper is otherwise occupied. I think the dough was "stirred" about 90 times too often.

Oh! I should mention that I used my new favorite product in all the land to make it, this jarred grated ginger. This product has totally changed my life. I no longer have nubs of ginger lying around, growing green. I no longer risk losing digits when I need to peel or grate ginger. Now, when ginger is necessary, I just reach for the jar, measure an appropriate amount and get on with life.

No comments: