Friday, January 04, 2008

Saaaaantaaaaaaahhhh Looooooceeeeeeuuuuhhhhh, Wouldn't Want To Beeeeeeee Yaaaaa

GINGERBREAD CUT-OUT COOKIES
p. 217 LDV
Prepared 12/14/07

This year saw us (well, my son and I since his dad was away on biznass, the biznass of saving the world) delving into the sordid world of Santa Lucia Day. If you aren't really familiar with this, it involves fire and gouging one's eyeballs out. What about that doesn't sound celebratory??

Alright-- in all honesty, it is a lovely tradition involving children running around in costumes with candles and baking and eating. My son hates donning costumes so that part was out but he loves candles, baking and eating. We had a last minute open house sort of deal the day after (SLD is 12/13 but better late than never) and some fun friends came by to do some cookie baking (and eating).

If you think that a 1 year old and a 3 year old making cookies isn't cute, you are wrong.

These cookies are excellent, and I don't always care for gingerbread cookies. I really highly recommend them. I am making these cookies again fo sho.

No comments: