Friday, January 18, 2008

Loopy Leek and Potato Soup


LEEK & POTATO SOUP WITH CILANTRO
p. 109 LDV
Prepared 01/16/08

This tasty number was just that, tasty but I suffered the heartbreak of poor planning when I reached into my jumbo potato bag and pulled out not enough potatoes to make the soup, which really chapped my hide as I'd just come from the store to get the frickin leeks and the two males were off to Music Together and therefore had the car and yes I could walk to Safeway but it was far and I was cold and hungry to boot and frankly I don't even like that Safeway. Our houseguest saved the day though, thanks!

So the soup, mmmm, yes. It was good. I thought there was too much garam masala but I think maybe that was my fault, not the recipe's. The people who ate it liked it but the strange thing (to me) was that my son opted for salad instead of the soup. He usually likes salad components but not the full tossed scene. Last night he was shoveling it in like there was no tomorrow, no thanks, don't need any soup, pass the salad bowl please I think I need thirds. Not that I am complaining, just noting!

Oh and I used my new hand blender for the first time. It appears to be a cheap piece of crap and I am kind of having buyer's remorse at getting it with a Target giftcard that I was given as a present. But on the other hand, it did blend up the soup just as it was supposed to do, so I will give some credit where it is due.


No comments: