Friday, January 18, 2008

Potluckolio


Potluck night! We brought...

WOLFFIE'S BLACK BEAN & LENTIL SALAD
p.72 LDV
Prepared 01/15/08

I think I have made this several times before and forgotten to write it down. Its fast, easy and delicious. I really recommend it highly. I didn't have lentils on hand so I threw in all crazy beans, like "salad beans" and garbanzos to go along with the black beans. I also added some cucumber and extra olive oil as I had no fancy-pants oil. I also felt too lazy/tired to chop a garlic clove so I didn't. But! It was delicious and got all eaten up at the potluck. I highly recommend this yummy dish.

For dessert...




WOLFFIE's PINEAPPLE-COCONUT CAKE
p. 251 LDV
Prepared 01/15/08

WOLFFIE'S "CREAM CHEESE" FROSTING
p. 259 LDV
Prepared 01/15/08

This cake and its attendant frosting were great. Everything the intro to the cake recipe says is TRUE-- its moist and yummy and compliments will be rained upon you if you make this.

I actually emailed Ms. Sarah Kramer on this recipe, I paraphrase our communication below:

ME: Hi. Your recipe for Pineapple-Coconut Cake, she does not call for coconut.

SK: Hi. Let me check with Wolffie.

(a number of moments pass)

SK: Re-hi. Ok, the coconut is in the frosting.

ME: Thank ya kindly.

SK: It is kinda confusing to some people (I think she meant just me, but she was being kind and pretending others had the same concerns).

So there you go, friends. Always keep looking deeper and the truth shall be revealed.

P.S. Sorry I keep forgetting to take pictures of the food prior to being eaten, it doesn't look as if this trend is going to reverse itself soon.

2 comments:

Chris L. said...

The truth was there was some skulduggery in relation to the last piece of this cake. The truth also is, the pics look good after a piece is out so you can see the inside!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you figured out the answer to the coconut mystery. I wondered why there was no coconut in the recipe myself. I never would have thought about the frosting.