Friday, January 18, 2008

Healthy Casserole


GROOVY GARDEN VEGETABLE CASSEROLE
p. 155 LDV
Prepared 01/17/08

Look, anytime you have a whole lot of vegetables together its pretty healthy. This recipe has you cook up a bunch of veggies (the perfect recipe to get out your food processor and get that slicing disk in there and let it work its magic) and then top it with this strange tofu/bread mixture (for which you need the food processor anyway). The diners this evening felt that it was strange but good. My partner thought maybe it would be good with some kind of white sauce, or as a side. I thought it would be good with some beans. You could serve this with baked beans and have a real winning combination. Yes, I think that is what I will do next time. Our house guest was less critical. He said, "I like both the crust and the guts." Oh, FYI: I used rainbow chard instead of kale.

I know that is a strange photo but it looks great coming out the oven, don't be put off by my bad photo strategies/techniques.

No comments: