Monday, January 01, 2007

Sweetie Pie



SWEET POLENTA PIE
p. 104 HIAV
Prepared 12/31/06

Our last meal of 2006! I've had my eye on this one for some time as I quite like the combo of polenta musharoo and delicious vegetables. There is a long ingredient list, but after reading through, I realized that quite a bit of it is just the vegetables that need to be roasted. Happily, I began roasting. There are a number of steps involved in this, and forewarned is forearmed or what have you. The polenta is the most time intensive-- I mean, who really likes to stir continuously for 10 minutes? Through the magic of the food processing machine, the sauce is easy and the whole thing was tasty. I added garbanzo beans on top for extra beany goodness.

The final result was a bit overly sweet for us, though very tasty. The several extra steps may not be worth it after all, because my fellow adult taster said that the end result wasn't that different from the veggie/bean/couscous meal that is so common in our house (and, I may add, much easier to prepare). So you can take that into consideration when trying to decide whether or not you want to dig into this one. I will make it again, though with less maple syrup than called for.

No comments: