Sunday, January 28, 2007

Well Worth It


As you will recall, one reason behind my undertaking this project was to sort of stretch myself past my vegan culinary comfort zone. This has paid off with a lot of new recipes I've found and enjoyed that might have taken me a long time to get around to, but perhaps my favorite find so far is this one.

YAM PECAN BAKE
p. 189 LDV
Prepared 1/18/07

For most of my life, I didn't like yams, sweet potatoes or pecans, so this would have been a recipe I'd have flipped right on by. Which would have been tooooooo bad, because it is completely and totally fabulous. I am considering doing the rare remake of it soon! I didn't have sage and so omitted it, I just tossed in a bit more thyme. I really highly recommend this. Its savory and well...all the tastes go together very well. We were so lucky to share this (with lentils and rice) with two of our very good friends. Not many leftovers at all!

No comments: