Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Two Out of Three Isn't Bad


MAPLE STREUSEL MUFFINS
p. 237 LDV
Prepared 1/31/07

I have no idea why I was so struck by this recipe, but all of a sudden, I was like, "I gotta go make those maple struesel muffins in LDV!!" (really). Its a good recipe! This recipe uses that whole apple cider vinegary magic thing to rise (a la my dear darling cupcake book)-- they were so yummy, especially warm. I am not the only one who thought so...the males of the household agreed wholeheartedly.




CAULIFLOWER POTATO SOUP WITH NUTMEG
p. 108 LDV
Prepared 1/31/07

This recipe is prefaced by a joke that made me laugh, but the soup itself actually a hidden gem! This soup was really delicious. My guys liked it too! We were happy to eat it, and I'm glad there are leftovers! I am used to all those random spices in the recipes by now (remember: cinnamon and red lentils really do taste yummy together!) so the titch of nutmeg didn't throw me off. Extra special thanks to my toddler daddy for preparing this one whilst I dealt with Mr. I Think I Will Wake Up From My Nap And Do Nothing But Cry For An Hour. Mentioning no names. (A muffin cheered him up. Eventually.)


STEVE & ZIPPORAH'S GREEN BEAN ZASMASHKA
p. 186 LDV
Prepared 1/31/07

Welllll...I think we were led down the primrose path here. Essentially breadcrumbs, margarine and steamed beans? I was willing to give it a go but it was a flop. Just as I was thinking to myself that this dish was really not worth the effort (steamed grean beans would be just as good), tonight's chef said, "I wish these green beans didn't have these gross bread crumbs on them!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

pics in my profile