Sunday, January 28, 2007

Try, Try Again


One thing that continues to confound my vegan cookery is a really satisfying vegan brownie. My partner and I are in agreement that this is a rare bird indeed. If anyone could do it, though, I thought it would be the much lauded Wolffie. The results were a huge improvement, though we aren't all the way there.

WOLFFIE'S CHOCOLATEY MOIST BROWNIES
p. 211 LDV
Prepared 1/19/07

These are the best vegan brownies thus far, I noted that they would be better with frosting (which, in all fairness, is suggested in the recipe for "extra chocolate flava"-- something I can get behind) or perhaps white chocolate chips. I think I will make them again with said additions. These didn't hang around for long-- we, along with our favorite houseguest, made short work of them, despite their frosting-free-ness.

No comments: