Monday, January 01, 2007

It Was The Best Of Times, It Was The Worst Of Times

I hate when friends move away, though I have been the mover and not the movee more times than I can count. Some friends were about to pull outta the nation's capital and head to a certain city by the bay-- we caught them and had them for dinner before we all fluttered to our corners of the country for various reasons. The menu:

MEGADARRA
p. 123 GOV
Prepared 12/20/06

Lovely and simple indeed! I loved eating this one the most of all three. The recipe is deceptive because you look at the ingredient list, you think you know how this one will taste...I mean, hey, its lentils and rice...and it tastes waaaaaay better than that. Make it. Do it.


BAKED STUFFED EGGPLANT
p. 156 GOV
Prepared 12/20/06

Also deeelish. I had to make this one when company came by because my toddler daddy does not like eggplant, nor does he like mushrooms. Everyone else gave it a thumbs up, there were no leftovers.

SIMPLY LOVELY QUINOA
p. 163 GOV

In the words of my son, "numma numma NUM!!" I love these magical recipes where you add some dry ingredients to some wet ingredients and 20 minutes later you end up with something completely different. This recipe is good, simple and good for you. Our collective opinion: another delicious recipe.

No comments: