Sunday, February 07, 2010

Apple Pie Spice Muffins



APPLE STREUSEL MUFFINS
p. 177 GOV
Prepared 2/6/2010


Did you know that February 6 is the late Ronald Reagan's birthday? I learned this in 4th grade and it stuck with me because its exactly a month after my mom's birthday. So every single February 6, I think of Ronald Reagan. What we remember from our childhoods is a very interesting topic...

So in the spirit of rebranding to appeal to the nowadays often picky eater in my midst, I called these Apple Pie Spice Muffins. Turned out that I needn't have worried-- the child ate 3 today.

The apple makes the muffins moist, which is a nice aspect of them and the streusel (which is really a glorified cinnamon and sugar mixture) makes them sweet without being overwhelmingly spicy. Or so I'm told.

Sometimes I like to make the pictures fancy for you, even if they are mostly taken on a phone lately. Its a little service I provide at no extra cost.

UPDATE: We made another batch of these the next day, my son was so keen on them. The second batch made a dozen muffins, easily. I also just blended up some oats and made oat flour and threw in some wheat germ.

No comments: