Sunday, February 07, 2010

I REALLY Like This Soup




SARAH'S HOT & SOUR GINGER SOUP
p. 77 GOV
Prepared 2/5/2010


This soup was extremely delicious and extremely easy. I can't BELIEVE this happened but sooooooomehow the ginger that was leftover from the other day went missing. Chapped my hide. But I used a bunch of dried. The soup was just the right amount of spiciness for me with the 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes but my poor kid...it was a little much for him. The pattern was Slurp Soup, Gulp Water. Slurp Soup, Gulp Water (repeat for several minutes). So tone it down if you have sensitive palates in the mix. The big chunks of tofu and put-as-much-as-you-care-to-we chose-a-lot of noodles were clutch. I look forward to making this again. Pre-schooler Daddy suggested it would be better with cabbage and broccoli. He doesn't really care much for tofu and mushrooms so that might be something to keep in mind.

No comments: