Sunday, February 28, 2010

Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake, Round Two




NIKOLE'S BOSS'S MOM'S PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CAKE
P. 248 LDV
Prepared 2/10/2010


Remember when I made this cake and then had a significant, turning-on-the-wrong-burner-to-start-dinner disaster? Well, I finally sufficiently recovered from the trauma to make it again a couple of years later and it was GOOD! I made a few errors in preparation because I was multi-tasking in a big way but my mistakes had no major negative reprecussions.

One thing I did incorrectly was add about 3x the amount of apple cider vinegar that it calls for, which made for quite the zizzy cake batter! I also dumped the nuts into the batter instead of sprinkling them delightfully over the topping. None of this mattered when it came to eating time, though. I wholeheartedly recommend that you make this and serve it to yourself and others in copious amounts. Some chocolate coconut milk based ice cream on the side would really be an excellent choice as well.

No comments: