Sunday, February 07, 2010

I'm Getting Old Because I Now Believe In Chocolate Overload



TERESA'S CAROB-ALMOND TRUFFLES
p. 201 LDV
Prepared 2/6/2010


I went to a Meetup with vegan types and the theme was Bring A Chocolate Dessert And We'll Have Ourselves a Dessert Potluck. Man. That was a lot of chocolate. Good, but. A LOT. And I'm not one to say such things, normally.

I made these little nutty buddies with chocolate chips instead of carob chips. They were good but definitely "time consuming" (aka a PITA) to make. I made them really big by accident, which you should not do if you make them. They are really rich and really filling. Very yummy. I made a half batch extra and ended up with the same amount that the recipe says it makes, so proof positive that my truffles were oversized. I added a little almond extract to the chocolate mixture to sass it up.

No comments: