Monday, February 08, 2010

Ho Hum, Curry



COUSIN NATASHA'S KITCHEN SINK CURRY
p. 143 LDV
Prepared 2/8/2010


This is a very straightforward curry. Nothing special, nothing bad. I added coconut milk and curry paste to it to make it more delicious, and added extra veggies like frozen broccoli and lima beans. Oh, my son added a bunch of cabbage that he chopped up with his chopper. He sure likes chopping vegetables. We also were listening to the latest podcast from the ladies over at Our Hen House and there was a funny point where my son stopped chattering away asking me WHEN COULD HE PUT THE TUMERIC IN? NOW? NOW? HOW ABOUT NOW? and then the podcasters were merrily rattling away and then there was the saying of "shit" and then an oops-but-not-really, maybe there are kids listening moment. And as it happened, there was one little pair of ears that caught the moment but don't worry, he's probably saving it for school or something. ("Oh, I learned to say shit from the computer when my mom and I were listening to how current regulations come nowhere near adequately covering animal welfare and actual humane standards. Hey, want to talk about factory farming?")

No comments: