Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Dip, Dip, Spread

My friend recently had a baby shower, and I was in charge of dips and spread. I think you can see right away what a fantastic opportunity this was for me to dig into some of the lesser perused chapters of the cookbooks to get some party-pleasing dips onto the scene. I was happy with the way all of them came out and will make them all again.



BLACK BEAN SPREAD
p. 135 GOV
Prepared 10/14/06

A straightforward bean dip, though with an extra kick of lime which I thought was good. Appreciated by the brown bagger in the family as a most delicious sandwich spread later in the week. I admit to having forgotten to put salt in because I was making these three all at once, multi-tasking up the wazoo. It was fine without it but next time I'll finish the recipe before I move stuff out of the food processor.




OI-VEY! MOCK CHOPPED LIVER

p. 88 GOV
Prepared 10/14/06

A mushroom-based spread which was tasty and appeared to have made more than the recipe said it would. I doubled the recipe but am not sure I put enough onions in. I lurve onions so the next time, I will amp the amount of onions up a bit. I thought this was good, and the leftovers also made a great sandwich! I have never had true chopped liver, so I cannot compare the mocked to the actual. I plan to keep it that way.



DILL PICKLE CHIP DIP
p. 128 GOV
Prepared 10/14/06

This was really tasty but came out a bit runny. Its runniness didn't interfere with its yumminess but did sort of make it weird. I might add the loose/wet ingredients a little at a time next time and then make adjustments.

No comments: