Monday, October 09, 2006

Do You Like Bananas? Actually, I Do Not.



Yes, it is true. I don't care for the look, smell or taste of bananas. However, they are often in our house. There were some that needed to be baked into something a banana lover (or tolerator) would like, and so yesterday I turned to GOV. Ah! DELIGHTFUL BANANA NUT MUFFINS! But alas, no sooner had I begun measuring out my dry ingredients when I learned we were out of baking soda! Horror! We had a birthday party to hit last night (Happy birthday, Buffy!!!) and so with some of the ingredients measured out, baking the muffins was put on the back burner (pun unintended) until today.

When I awoke for the day (long story), the males of the house had not only finished making and baking the muffins but had eaten about 5/12 of them. One pronounced them "really good," "dense" and "earthy" while our other reviewer said, "eh! eh!"

DELIGHTFUL BANANA NUT MUFFINS!
P. 47 GOV
Prepared 10/8/06

No substitutions or changes were made. Be sure to check your pantry/larder for the ingredients, especially if your significant other likes to use baking soda as a scouring scrub for the rare cleaning that goes on.

No comments: