Monday, October 30, 2006

Breakfast For Dinner

I wasn't in the mood tonight to concoct some bean/vegetable delight, and so we had pancakes, homefries and apples. And ketchup. Definitely insert comment about Ronald Reagan here.





APPLE-CINNAMON CORNMEAL PANCAKES
p. 46 HIAV
Prepared 10/29/06

"Good amount of cinnamon...perfect pancake shape...very very good with peanut butter...cooked evenly...easy to cut and eat."

The cornmeal wasn't very noticeable, but did seem to make them more dense. I chose, unsurprisingly, corn starch as my egg replacer. I was going to go with psyllium husks but the amount of clumping they did in the bowl scared me, so I jettisoned them. After all, dinner was on the line.

HEAVENLY HASHBROWNS
p. 44 HIAV
Prepared 10/29/06

Methinks the descriptor "heavenly" is overstating it a bit, but these were good, solid hash browns. The dill was a surprise ingredient and pretty delish. "Nicely browned, the peppers and onions were good...a little less greasy than traditional hash browns...a rousing success."

No comments: