Sunday, October 29, 2006

A Perfect Autumn Meal



RUSTIC TOMATO LENTIL SOUP
p. 53 HIAV
Prepared 10/25/06

A cool day called for a warm meal. This soup came out really well and was beloved by my partner and our house guest. I added israeli couscous as well as pasta. Recommend for a chilly day, its healthy and good (full disclosure: I quite like soup!) and went well with the below bread. I will next time add a bit more spice to this, perhaps some dried hot pepper. Its also fairly quick to make, which in my opinion, is always an important consideration!



Yes, its another oat bread!

OAT BREAD
p. 170 GOV
Prepared 10/25/06

Similar to the last one, though this one has maple syrup in it and is therefore a titch (hee hee) sweeter. Great for dunking into the soup as well as spreading some baba ghanoush upon, not much was left after the second day. I love these quick, easy and wholesome breads. I wish you many satisfying meals of such breads with equally lovely soups.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the spice was just right on the soup, I wish there was more!