Friday, October 06, 2006

Welcome! Welcome! Do You Like Chard? I Do!


Hello! I'm going to cut to the chase here. The books How It All Vegan, Garden of Vegan and La Dolce Vegan are brilliantly done vegan cookbooks and I have long been a fan. I have set myself the enviable task of preparing all of the recipes that these books contain, with a few exceptions (see Groundrules). I will report back to you, my loyal reader(s), and provide commentary on how the recipes were to prepare, and how they were recieved by those who feasted upon them (the majority of the time, this will be the males I live with, one of whom is young, the other less so). I have no particular timetable in mind so the hits will just keep coming until we are through. Got it? But wait, theres more!! It wouldn't be a totally 21st century blog if I didn't write about my thoughts and feelings as well, so you can also tune in for those as well.

Now, to the recipes!! Lets begin with the review of one I cooked last week. The first one is so exciting, yes??

CHICKPEAS & SWISS CHARD
p. 117 GOV
Prepared 9/26/06

Yummy and easy! Served for dinner with whole wheat cous cous. A few variations-- I used Trader Joes Southern Greens, not actual chard. And I threw in some pinto beans. The kid ate the beans. The adults ate the beans and the greens. I recommend this, in my opinion it is both delicious and nutritious.

No comments: