Sunday, March 21, 2010

Getting Down With Seitan!



HOMEMADE SEITAN
p. 208 GOV
Prepared 3/16/2010


I wanted to bust out some seitan, so I did. This is so easy. Look at it up there, just bubbling away, helping you eat some chewy thing that is seasoned and yummy and doesn't hurt any creature in the making thereof. My dough was a little wet but it was ok, I kind of blotted it with a towel for a moment and went on my merry way.



HUNGRY PERSON STEW
p. 87 GOV
Prepared 3/16/2010


This was good! We were all extra hungry on the night we had it, so the title was an apt one. I used edamame instead of peas. A good meal, I would have ideally served this with a big salad but didn't. You should.



SWEE'S ROSEMARY MOCK CHICKEN
p. 123 GOV
Prepared 3/21/2010


I'm not the biggest seitan afficianado...I mean, I like it but I don't make it that often (as may be obvious) and I will certainly eat it when presented with the opportunity. But this was so simple and tasty that I'm feeling like I may have a little crush on it. I mean, gluten isn't for everyone, etc. etc. but this was really nice. A nicely browned, flavorful dish. I served it with rice but it could go well with just about anything-- I'm thinking pasta, quinoa, polenta...the possibilities are endless. Or seem so. I think this recipe is a really nice find.

No comments: