Thursday, March 04, 2010

Soup and Biscuits






JEN'S GINGER BUTTERNUT LENTIL SOUP
p. 113 LDV
Prepared 3/3/2010

FRAGRANT ONION DINNER ROLLS
p. 277 LDV
Prepared 3/3/2010


A really nice meal! The soup is excellent, and easy peasy. I really liked it. Spring is in the air so soon my thoughts will be turning away from the soup/warming/squash/root veggies and more toward the fresh green stuff. But right now there is still snow on the ground, boots littering our entryway and therefore soup is really awesome. I added garbanzos because I love them, and brown rice as well.

The biscuits/rolls were very good as well. You brown some onions up in oil and toss 'em in the dough and onions fried up in fat never really hurt the flavor of much. I didn't have rye flour so I used a cup of regular old all purpose. I also added only about half the amount of caraway seeds that the recipe called for because I am easily overwhelmed by caraway (I do declare!). This recipe made a dozen biscuity muffins instead of the six the recipe alleged would result.

Our friend visited and brought cookies she'd made from here - YUM! Do I really need another vegan sweets cookbook? Is this a rhetorical question?

No comments: