Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Quest For A Delicious Brownie, Part 2



You'll recall that I am on a search for a go-to recipe for a fudgy, not-so-cakey brownie. I have had some nice success with Dreena Burton's recipes so I had high hopes for her recipe for (dun dun dun!) Fudgy Brownies in her cookbook Vive le Vegan!

Yay! We made these tonight and they are - as advertised - nice and fudgy. I was assisted by an enthusiastic 5 year old and we were all pleased with the results. They aren't a mix all beefed up (literally) with a buncha extras. But they are better for taking the moral high ground and you will get multiple complements on them at a potluck or bake sale or just regular old dessert with your family (of which I'm a big fan). I am excited to have this in my quiver. And as a sidenote- I'd say it took about five more minutes than using a mix, and that was with my helper. Well worth it. I think it goes without saying that you should serve these with a side of coconut-milk-based ice cream. Though be careful that your helpful houseguest doesn't leave your desserts within dog schnozz range and then leave the room, because when he comes back there may not be as much dessert left on the plates. Lets learn from others.

Tune in for another installment in this quest, coming soon!

No comments: